Lifethoughts: He sees us anywhere

 
My sweetie and I had a much needed kid free, time together day last weekend. 
I own a boat, it's not a big boat, it's a pontoon, and sweetie pie is the captain of my boat. 
Much like God leading the Israelites in the wilderness, when he says it's time, we take the boat out. 
Saturday he declared it was time. 
He started cleaning the boat Friday since she had been covered over most of the winter, it took a while. Saturday came, just a few more touch ups, load up all the supplies and we were off for a day of fishing and fun.
Let me tell you, it was cold! 8 am in February is just cold, and when they are calling for a warm day of 71 degrees, it is also foggy.
We made our way out into the Gulf of Mexico, and ran slap into a wall of fog. I mean fog so thick you just have your tiny little circle of clarity around you.
This made me nervous as visions of tankers and commercial shrimp boats looming up out of the fog popped into my head. (yes, I have a very vivid imagination). I was scared to death. You couldn't see anything. You could hear everything. Sound carries for miles in the fog. I heard people talking on loud speakers, huge motors running, birds from all over. It was just a plethora of sound, with no vision. 
I prayed for our safety and watched as birds flew in and out of the fog. Clear and close, then ghosts and gone. And those birds made me remember verses I've read. Jesus talking about our Father taking care of the birds so well, why would we not believe He would take care of us, who are worth more. 
I started relaxing and just enjoying the trip, then this ↑ happened.
Through all that thick and sometimes oppressing fog, the sun peaked through. Right over the top of us.
It brought to mind how He can find us anywhere, no matter how engulfed we are in the fog of drug addiction, alcoholism, greed, hatred, self pity, or even self loathing, He can find us. 
He can rip through that fog that covers us, and comfort us with that little speck of light that will eventually grow to be a bright and shining sky. 
All we have to do is be still and know He is there.
 



Comments