When someone asks you to pray


When someone messages you, calls you, asks you to pray for them, do you? Like really? 
 Or do you say “yes of course” and no matter how good your intentions, you forget? 
It’s a courtesy when we agree, kind of like holding the door open for someone older,  
I am trying my hard level best to pray right then, when I am asked. 
If I’m at home, out loud, if I’m in public, in my head. 
Jesus said He only spoke out loud so those around Him could hear, the Father hears all the time. 

John 11:41-42 

I’ve heard some people say they stop right then and pray with the person, I’ve only done that once or twice, when it feels like the thing to do, and the time to do it. Some people absolutely do not mean right here and right now

Either way, my habit training is to pray as soon as I receive a request. 
And I only do this because I was the absolute worst at saying yes, and then drawing a complete and utter blank when I am in my regular prayer routine. 

I believe in the power of prayer, I believe that prayers rise up as a sweet aroma to the Lord and I believe it’s the best and most important thing I cam do for someone. 
I just need to remember to use my best weapon! 


This post dedicated to the BFF 💕🙏🏼

Comments

Post a Comment