Just some thoughts: Proverbs 21:31

Image result for Image: battle horse

Proverbs 21:31 KJV
The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord.

When I was doing my devotionals this morning I came across this verse. (of course it's Proverbs! Its my favorite!)

This got me to thinking (I know, scary), no matter how much we prepare for something, things we know are coming, a scheduled surgery, a two week wait for a hurricane, we prepare, we get ready, we hunker down, stock supplies, pack bags for a hospital stay. All we do to prepare, our most valuable thing to pack is our faith. Our ability to go to God to strengthen us, be with us till the finish. 
We pray for the hurricane to turn away from us (I know, as Christians we wouldn't want it to hit someone else, but honestly, you know that's what we pray for. When we are being honest.), to decrease in strength, for the doctor to be in a good mood and have steady hands. We invite Him to be in it all.

But what about the stuff we don't see coming?
We can still prepare our horse for battle, and the safety will still come from the Lord.

If we are so immersed in His word,  we are preparing our horse for battle.

We never know what this world is going to bring to us. It is in Satan's grip.
Being prepared is our best defense. 

We don't sit by and pray for the hurricane to turn, or lesson, or just flat out peter out, we prepare.
We don't just pray for a doctor with steady hands, we prepare for every outcome from that surgery. 
So why wouldn't we prepare our horse for Satan.

Be so immersed in the Word that when the bad things come (and they will) you know your safety is in the Lord. 
You can't go into battle without preparing  your horse, and Satan is the battle. 
And safety is in His word, which comes from........? the Lord! (see how smart you are?)

I know death is a scary thing. 
The older I get, the scarier it used to be for me. To just....be gone....non existent.....alive in the memory of what? maybe one generation after you, then.....you cease to exit even there.
That's a scary thought to me.
That's the flesh in me. 
Not the Spirit
To God, it's a beginning, beginning of a new life, an eternal life, life where sin won't be in control anymore. 
It's only scary because we don't know, we don't feel. 
But we prepare our horse, and find safety in the Lord.

We never know God's plans

Isaiah 55:8-9 ESV

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

but he gives us the tools to prepare our horse for the battle. 
And through our faith, we find our safety in Him.

Comments