Something to think about

I was getting ready for my morning devotionals, drinking coffee and praying when it hit me.

Why do we pray “Father forgive us for our sins.”?

Jesus died for all of our sins, past, present and future. We were forgiven at the cross. We sing songs about it, we teach it in Sunday school and church, we declare it to the unsaved, and yet we still pray “forgive us for our sins” like He hasn’t yet. 
So if we are constantly praying to be forgiven for our sins, isn’t that kind of like not believing that Jesus’ death already paid for those sins?  Like we’re not sure? Or maybe covering all the bases just in case? 

I don’t think I’ll be praying that anymore.

I think I’m going to change to, “Father, please help me to not grieve your Holy Spirit so much ”  

My sins were forgiven at the cross. 
I’m going to start praying like I believe that. 

Comments